Psychiatry, Therapy & Counseling in Louisville, KY (and throughout our great state)
According to a recent survey conducted by Harvard Medical School, 50% of people over the age of 18 will suffer from one or more mental health disorders in their lifetime.
If you’re feeling the need for help, you’re not abnormal, you’re not broken — but it is very important to take some time off from your routine and get an assessment done so that you may live the best possible life.
Our therapists, doctors, nurses, and case managers accept all forms of KY Medicaid (Passport, WellCare, etc.) and many major commercial insurance plans.
With us, you won’t have to worry about long wait times for help — most appointments can be set within 24-48 hours.
If transportation, or your schedule are an issue, we also offer *TeleHealth appointments throughout the state — we can meet via FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, MS Teams, etc.
*During the COVID-19 pandemic, all appointments at KMHC are being conducted via TeleHealth, and we can even meet via phone call.
Why Should You Should Consider Psychiatry, Therapy & Counseling
Mental illness can become worse if left untreated which may lead to serious issues that would negatively impact your lifestyle drastically.
During a therapy or psychiatry session — and throughout your relationship with them — our therapists and doctors work with you to learn your history, find your greatest needs, and provide a wellness plan to help get you back to a place of balance and happiness.
Here are a few things you can expect from consistent therapy and/or psychiatry:
- A better sense of self and awareness of the needs of others
- A higher level of efficiency at work or school
- More fulfilling relationships with family and loved ones
- Reduced social isolation, anxiety, and fear
- Less personal issues and a greater ability to communicate
Why You Should Choose Kentucky Mental Health Care
Kentucky Mental Health Care is one of the top-rated mental health service providers in Kentucky.
We are proud to serve our state, and we are proud to serve you — a few of the many things that set KMHC apart:
- 48-hour max waitlist (this is unheard of in over 90% of service providers in the country)
- We accept all forms of KY Medicaid (and most major commercial plans)
- We employ a fully-licensed psychiatrist on our staff (as well as four psychiatric APRNs)
- Free roundtrip rides to appointments (Medicaid clients only)
- We provide Medically Assisted Treatment and other substance use treatment options
- Weekend and afterhours appointments
- We are a judgment-free facility — all we’re concerned with is helping you feel better and experience life at a higher level
Locations We Serve
5115 South 3rd Street Louisville, KY 40214
1939 Goldsmith Lane – Suite 143 Louisville, KY 40218
KMHC Provides Mental Health Services Statewide via TeleHealth